Local governments have placed restrictions on trade, transport and workforce—not only do businesses need to find solutions around supply, manufacturing, transport, distribution and cost challenges, but there are certain future implications associated with the looming economic crisis. Additionally, changing consumer interests are creating renewed demand and addtional supply strain for certain health categories.
As part of Vitafoods Digital Week, this Vitafoods Insights Podcast hosts Bora Turan, Global Director of Nutraceuticals and Stan Bijsterveld, global supply chain director from IMCD Group, a global company that specialises in the sales, marketing and distribution of speciality chemicals and food ingredients.
In this podcast, Informa Markets' Charlotte Bastiaanse investigates the impacts of COVID-19 on ingredient suppliers, as well as business operations and logistics:
- The greatest challenges across the supply chain, including trade flow, cost and inventory
- How changing consumer behaviour is influencing supply chain pressure
- Regions most affected by paused manufacturing, reduced workforce and restricted transport
- How businesses are adapting to maintain supply to Europe
- How cost will be impacted by reduced availability of ingredients and transport shortage
- Guidelines to manage critical operations and communicate with stakeholders
Got feedback? Send a mail to Charlotte Bastiaanse.