Customers are constantly on the lookout for the newest innovation, and this holds whether at the retail shelf or in the product development lab. Throughout the natural and healthy products industry, companies are searching for ingredients that meet myriad criteria: supply chain transparency, scientific substantiation, unique market value, dynamic storytelling and much more.
Vitafoods Europe is the showcase for new ingredient innovation, as companies highlight their newest developments and connect around partnership opportunities. Ahead of this year’s deferred in-person event, we took a sneak peek at some of the ingredients that companies are promoting in the sponsored New Ingredient Zone. In no particular order, these are some that seemed intriguing.
While all ingredients are from the New Ingredients Zone, a paid showcase, this post was developed without commercial input.
- BlaQmax® from Akay Natural Ingredients is described as a next-gen sleep aid with anxiolytic and stress-relieving properties. Derived from Nigella sativa, the patented extract can be delivered at doses of 100 to 200 mg/d, with pre-clinical and clinical studies supporting safety, efficacy and mechanism of action.
- Salvans is a sore-throat remedy from Belano medical AG, based on a proprietary Lactobacillus crispatus strain. According to the company, oral dosage forms with Salvans foster decolonization of pathogenic Streptococcus pyogenes in the back of the throat.
- LactoLycopene, from Cambridge Nutraceuticals, was developed to optimise delivery of lycopene into the bloodstream by combining the carotenoid with whey protein. Researchers from the University of Cambridge report after two months of supplementation, lycopene levels rose between 60% and 100%.
- Gastalagin, an extract of Castanea sativa L. leaves, is standardized to contain castalagin and vescalagin. According to the supplier, EPO Srl, these secondary metabolites of the botanical address gastric discomfort by exerting antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Ginfort is a patented, highly concentrated gingeroids (>26%) powder, available from Olene Life Sciences, formulated using a patented solvent-free process from CO2 extracted ginger rhizome. Clinical research supports its use in addressing dyspeptic symptoms.
- CaffShock® Up! is a 100% soluble version of the phytocomplex blend of green coffee, green tea, guarana, maca and mate, which is naturally rich in caffeine, chlorogenic acid and polyphenols. Available from NatIng, CaffShock Up! can be used in instant beverage, sachets and more.
Click here to download the complete New Ingredients Zone guide, and explore more at https://www.vitafoods.eu.com/en/visiting/whats-on/product-demonstrations/new-ingredients-zone.html.