This August, Vitafoods announced its partnership with the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) and the SUN Business Network (SBN) to support improved nutrition. GAIN was launched by the United Nations in 2002 with a goal to tackle human suffering caused by malnutrition, especially the most vulnerable and distressed population groups. The SBN is a private sector focused initiative and branch of the Scaling Up Nutrition Movement, a multi-stakeholder movement to address malnutrition worldwide.
In this podcast, Fraser Grice, content producer at Vitafoods, chats to Laurène Aubert, SUN Business Network manager for global partnerships at the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition about:
- The relationship between the SUN Business Network and GAIN to address global malnutrition and building impactful networks
- The roles of public and private sector across the full food value chain and the need for both to work together closely, especially with regards to policy and regulation
- The value for companies to offer technical support to vulnerable populations, whilst simultaneously gaining market knowledge and entry intelligence
- Recent partnership examples targeting issues such as undernutrition and obesity
- Malnutrition in the workplace and the opportunity for employers to impact the lives of working adults in low, middle and high income countries