From ingredient sourcing and manufacturing, to packaging and distribution—not only does the full supply chain need to work collectively to reduce the nutraceutical industry's environmental footprint, but an interest and investment in sustainability is vital to corporate survival. Climate change isn't something to prepare for—it's happening right now and all businesses need to play a role in protecting the natural world if we are to provide sustainable nutrition in the years to come. As part of Vitafoods Digital Week, this Vitafoods Insights podcast hosts two sustainability experts, Erik Bruun Bindslev, founder of Merika, and Elizabeth Candelario, partner at Merika.
Tune in to this podcast as Marion Schumacher asks about:
- The current challenges around sourcing, supply and mass retail distribution
- How the nutraceutical industry compares to food & beverage in its sustainability efforts
- Ramification and complications that have developed as a result of COVID-19
- How climate change will impact ingredient supply chains over the next decade
- How nutraceutical businesses need to take action and integrate sustainability into their value proposition
If you do like the show, make sure to subscribe and follow the Vitafoods Insights podcast. Feel free also to recommend the show to a friend that you think would enjoy it.