As marketers seek to extend brand exposure, Asia is a market drawing more interest. An ageing population, growing incidence of metabolic syndrome, interest in nutrients such as protein, and opening markets may afford potential for new product development. In collaboration with Vitafoods Asia, INSIDER invited scientific researchers, regulatory experts and market researchers to share their take on opportunities and factors to consider in any Asia launch.
Table of Contents
- Overcoming Lifestyle Disease and Ageing with Functional Foods
by Kazumi Yakasaki, Ph.D.
- Preventing Metabolic Syndrome and Premature Aging in Asia
by Chin-Kun Wang, Ph.D.
- Reducing Staple Foods' Glycemic Loads to Cut Type 2 Diabetes Rates
by Sze Wee Tan, Ph.D.
- High Protein: A Niche Segment Goes Mainstream
by Robin Wyers
- Addressing Non-Tariff Challenges in ASEAN through Business-Sector Involvement
by Maes Alconcel
Takeaways for Your Business
- An ageing population and rising rates of obesity demand nutritional solutions.
- Protein is a nutrient of great interest, and global launches could drive product development in Asia.
- Non-tariff challenges can be addressed by more business involvement in a private-public partnership.